Riche’s interest in massage therapy came from having a fascination with anatomy and physiology, different forms of holistic healing and the body’s amazing potential to overcome adversity through positive therapeutic touch.
Originally from South Africa, Riche graduated from the Utopia Academy in 2010 having graduated from a 3000-hour program, before passing board exams to become a licensed RMT practitioner. As part of her training, she participated in student clinic being mentored by deeply respected teachers in the RMT field on various techniques and critical thinking skills so as to treat safely and effectively for a wide range of conditions.
Riche also had the privilege of being a part of various outreaches such as:
– ‘Aurora’ BC women’s Hospital providing pregnancy massage for ladies with high-risk pregnancies
– ‘Columbia Integrated health clinic’ learning hands-on with a well-established Chiropractor treating various musculoskeletal and soft tissue conditions from sports injuries, back/neck/shoulder pain, MVA cases, whiplash, rotator cuff injuries, and sciatica
– ’Bike Tour’ providing sports therapy massage to participants in the ride for the cure of MS, ‘Onsite’ providing treatment to residents of the downtown eastside entering rehabilitation
– ‘John Braithwaite Community centre’ treating geriatrics with various conditions
– ‘Nursing conference’ and ‘Cardiovascular conference’ providing chair massage to doctors and nurses in their various fields
– Treating those in the HIV/Aids and special needs community.
Riche is known for her kindness and professionalism. She takes her client’s well-being and treatment to heart sourcing the various ailments and working with her clients to change habitual patterns in a non-invasive manner. She also believes it is important for each person to have a unique treatment plan suited to their needs (be it with her massage therapy treatments or perhaps being referred to other health care professionals, to aid in their holistic treatment/healing if needed).
Riche has experience in pregnancy massage treating (pre/postnatal) aches and pains, upper and lower back pain, sciatica, sports-related injuries, MVA cases, whiplash, headaches, treating poor postural habits causing discomfort, sports massage, scoliosis, carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis, treating tension and stress that presents itself physically in the body. Riche gained the nickname “strong and gentle” amongst some of her colleagues and clients, as she is able to give deep tissue massage without ‘bad pain’, being particularly sensitive to her client’s pain scale.
Restorative Health Chilliwack
101-7056 Vedder Rd
Riche's hours are:
Monday: 2:30pm - 7:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Wednesday: 2:30pm - 7:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 2:00pm