Dr. Joanne Menard graduated with first-class standing from Queen’s University with a Bachelor of Science Honours degree in Life Sciences in 2002. She then completed four years of medical training at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) in Toronto, graduating in 2006.
Dr. Menard has a true passion for healthy living and believes it is important to provide individualized treatments to each of her patients. She feels it is an honour to be part of a person’s path to wellness and optimal health. Her goal is to provide exceptional care to her patients and provide them with the time and space to explain their health concerns so that she can fully understand their health and be able to make connections between different issues in their body.
As a primary health care provider she is able to perform physical exams and lab tests, and provide her female patients with gynaecological exams and Pap smears.
Dr. Menard has a general family practice and treats a variety of conditions, including:
• Menstrual concerns (painful periods, irregular periods, heavy periods, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, hormonal imbalances, PMS)
• Menopause (salivary hormone testing and bio-identical hormone consults are available)
• Preconception care and fertility optimization
• Naturopathic approaches to pre and post natal care, including pre-birth acupuncture
• Breastfeeding support
• Children's health (well-child visit, gas, constipation, food sensitivities, skin conditions, ADHD)
• Digestive concerns (heartburn/reflux, food sensitivities, constipation, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
• Weight loss and detoxification
• Anxiety and depression
• Cardiovascular disease and diabetes
Dr. Menard is a licensed naturopathic physician with additional training and certification in acupuncture and is a member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors, the British Columbia Naturopathic Association, and the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia. She is licensed to prescribe pharmaceutical medication in the province of British Columbia.
Dr. Menard has lived and worked as a naturopathic doctor in Chilliwack since 2006. She and her husband have two young children and when she isn’t working she is mothering and spending time with her family.
For more information about Dr. Menard, please visit her website at www.JoanneMenardND.com
Restorative Health Chilliwack
101-7056 Vedder Rd
Dr. Joanne Menard's hours are :
Tuesday 9:15am - 5:45pm
Wednesday 9:15am - 12:15pm
Thursday 9:15am - 5:45pm
Saturday 8am - 3pm